Sunday, January 1, 2012

Think About It!: The Next Installment


I am SO excited about the wonderful feedback left in regard to the "Think About It!" series! You all have totally embraced it which makes me that much more excited about posting! Thanks to all of you who have read it, whether you commented or not. I think you can tell how strongly I feel about the subject so I appreciate you taking the time to read and reflect.

I am happy to announce the next installment topic:

This is in regard to using songs, phrases, clue words, etc. in teaching kids mathematics. You can look for the post either Monday night or Tuesday night--not sure which day yet!

Also, I have been contemplating having some of YOU join in and guest post an installment of the series (at some point). Would anyone be interested in doing that?? Comment or email me if you are! :D

5 comments:

  1. Janaye,
    I am passionate about teaching math and am so excited about your series! I am going to summon up all of my courage and offer to be a guest writer. I would love to do a post about "Math Talks". I have been in a lesson study group for a year and that is what we have been working on. BUT I am no hurry to host, so if you are interested, just let me know when ... and if you are not interested in this topic, that is fine, too.
    Again, brilliant idea for a series!!!!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxiously awaiting your next installment, loved the first part! I would love to contribute to the discussion - especially regarding the pushing down of concepts into the early elementary grades - I think the concept of developmental readiness is one that I would be willing to tackle - or maybe conservation or number sense, or really, whatever you have in mind! I am loving having posts that are directly focused on math instruction - and the dialogue that took place after your post, in the comments, was phenomenal!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to use songs as teaching tools, and I even have several playlists on my Zune dedicated to it. If you would like me to post a list, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I wanted to pass along the Versatile Blogger Award since I'm a big fan of your blog!

    Come over to my blog (Life in Middle School) and this post Blogging Award! to accept your award!

    ~Lauren from LIMS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there,

    I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Please stop by my blog to pick up your award.

    Congrats!

    Tanya
    A Class Act

    ReplyDelete