Monday, August 5, 2013

Awesome Apps #4

It's that time again!

I love sharing such great apps with you! Here are three more for you:





Number Rack
Price: Free

Number Rack is exactly what the title suggests--a number rack. (You may refer to a number rack as an abacus or a rekenrek.) This app is PERFECT for exploring combinations of 10, multiples of 10, coutning by 10, subitizing, etc.

 You can add up to 10 number racks.

Decompose the number racks to explore combinations of 10.

You can also add a blinder so that the student has to determine the missing part (algebra!).

I love it. And I love that it is free. ;)






Jumbled Sentences 1
Price: Free

In this app, students will unscramble sentences. Great for practicing writing conventions, but also good for reading comprehension. In this version, there are 3 levels of play.





There are actually 5 of these Jumbled Sentences apps available so you can choose which works best for your students!










I Hear Ewe
Price: Free

This app is perfect for babies and toddlers. There are 3 pages of animals and modes of transportation. When you tap one of the squares the animal or vehicle makes its sound. There isn't much to this app but it will provide great entertainment for small children!

Now go and download some awesome apps! :)

9 comments:

  1. What a great app run down! Thank you so much for sharing :)
    -Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving this series! These apps look great! Can't wait to check them out!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the number rack app, it is actually the first one I downloaded. Thanks for sharing I Hear Ewe, this will be perfect for my little guys!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these apps only for the IPad?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to download the jumbled sentences. Thank you for sharing!

    Marcy
    SearchingForTeacherBalance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first two apps you listed! I can totally see my 2nd graders using them in the classroom and teaching their families how to use them at home! Thanks for the ideas :)

    Sarah
    WishfulTeaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *love* your blog!! And I'm so glad I found this post through Instagram...I'm not very techy so it's always helpful what I can grab resources like this :)

    I'm not sure if you've been nominated in the past, but I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award on my blog :) If you aren't familiar with the award, follow my link below to learn more about it and how it all works:

    Fun With Firsties Liebster Blog Award

    I hope you'll accept!! And thanks for the great apps :D

    Sam
    Fun With Firsties

    ReplyDelete