Friday, December 6, 2013

Five for SNOW DAY: Our Week in Review

We studied soil samples to determine what it is made out of.

Aaaannnnd I unknowingly wore two different earrings all day! :D

Also did our first word sort!!


We have been using and reading poetry since week 2 of school; we started a study on some poetry elements this week, including rhyme, rhythm, and alliteration.

A die, a mirror, counters, and a pencil can only mean DOUBLES! I will share our doubles activities next week.


We spent the week studying magic e, specifically i consonant e. We did word sorts, made words, spelled words, read stories, read poetry--here we are using the pattern to spell some i consonant e words!

And this is just b-a-n-a-n-a-s, right???!


I got a Grumpy Cat book in the mail from a friend in Germany--wahhhooo!!!!


And Thursday was quite the day, so this turned out to be my lunch: peanut butter sandwich, graham crackers and frosting. Yum! ;)

And this is TODAY:
NO SCHOOL!!!!! :D :D :D


Don't forget to enter my brag tag giveaway! The giveaway ends Saturday night!! Click below for more details and to enter:



2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe you can have a snow day in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grumpy cat. Those memes have brought me to tears!

    Denay

    The Gemini Teacher

    ReplyDelete